Children ages 0-6 are growing rapidly. They are curious, active, fascinated by movement, and have a poor sense of danger and risk.
What can your child do?
- Play in a fenced in play area
- Play indoors with supervision
- Play at a childcare center or with a babysitter
- Simple house cleaning jobs
What should your child not do?
- Farm work
- Be an extra rider on a tractor
- Be present in the farm worksite
What should parents/adults do?
- Model safe behavior….children are watching
- Provide close supervision of child in fenced play area or indoors
What should parents/adults not do?
- Begin training for work….it is too early to start work training
- Conduct farm work and try to supervise a child at the same time