Parent First, Farmer Second
Protect the most important thing you’ll ever raise – Be a Parent First, Farmer Second! Do all you can to make your farm safe for children:
- Keep young children out of the worksite and off equipment (no extra riders)
- Create areas for Safe Play for young children
- Assign farm tasks consistent with a youth’s age and abilities by using the Agricultural Youth Work Guidelines
- Supervise all children/youth who visit, live, or work on farms and ranches
- Remove keys from equipment when not in use, model safe behaviors, and address other hazards
No matter how important the farm is to your way of life, it is never worth the life of a child. Visit our Resources page for more tips and tools.